Learn how to make nutritionally balanced and delicious meals with whole food! Topics will include questions about protein, carbs, veganism, vegetarian “meat”, processed food, gluten allergies, working with tofu and tempeh, and more.
We will explore how to work with the harvest of the seasons, how to eat local on a budget, and how to create delicious and satisfying vegan and vegetarian meals.
Everyone will participate in preparing a perfectly balanced, beautiful meal which will be shared.
Singhasuri began her studies in nutrition with a ten-year apprenticeship with a Kushi Institute Macrobiotic Teacher and graduated as a Macrobiotic Counselor. During this time she explored growing food in the mountains of New Hampshire, foraging in the wild, and cooking for hundreds of people seeking healing. Singhasuri studied Ayurveda while attending her first of many residencies at the Kripalu Institute in the Berkshires. She continued her academic and lifestyle interest in Ayurveda and Indian cooking while studying yoga asana and philosophy in India. As a yoga practitioner and a yoga teacher, maintaining an understanding of this science has been paramount to sustaining her yoga, meditation and pranayama practices with steadiness and ease for over 30 years.
Singhasuri’s love of the natural world sparked interest in Environmental Science while attending Naropa University for her undergraduate studies. This time learning about deep ecology, eco-psychology, sustainable living, organic gardening and wildcrafting led her to apprentice as an herbalist with Rosemary Gladstar in the mountains of Vermont. Singhasuri’s approach to health and healing, plant-based medicine and vegetarian/whole food cooking is an expression of living in harmony on this incredible planet. She strives to maintain equanimity and to stay open to the wisdom of ancient traditions and all growing things.
How are we coming together safely?
- Please take a Covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event (Aryaloka does not provide this test). A negative rapid test is required for entry; please take a photo of your test results and present at the door.
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver of liability in relation to Covid-19.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857