Parinirvana is the annual observance of the death, or Final Nirvana, of the Buddha, and is one of the major days of reflection on the Buddhist calendar. It's an opportunity to reflect upon the final days of the Buddha, and the great matters of Enlightenment and Death. It is also a time when we remember those we've lost, and reflect upon the impact of impermanence in our own lives and communities.
Feel free to bring a photo of a loved one who has passed in the last year or so, to be placed on the Parinirvana shrine. The afternoon will include meditation, a short talk and discussion, reflection, ritual and time to be together.
There will also be a Parinirvana talk by Suddhayu at our regular Tuesday gathering on Feb 14th: Love, Death and Nirvana.
Refreshments will be available. Donations appreciated. Please RSVP.
If you would like to attend on Zoom, please email email@example.com for the link.
How are we coming together safely?
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver of liability in relation to Covid-19.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857