Illuminating the Dharma — Creativity and Arts Retreat for Women* | May 12-14
Come explore how your imagination and creativity connects to your Dharma life! Imagination is a pillar of the Triratna Buddhist Community and an inspiring aspect of our Dharmic path. Using Milarepa’s Song of the Yogi's Joy as our map and creativity as our vehicle, we will spend a spacious weekend discovering the known and unknown within our internal landscape. This retreat offers the necessary community support to express our spiritual inspirations in images, colors, textures — really whatever sparks the imagination for print and visual media. No prior experience necessary — open to all women.
The program includes meditation, ritual, open creative spaces, and support for learning how to give expression to that which arises in your heart-mind. Materials in a variety of mediums (such as paints, paper, markers, thread and more) will be provided, though participants are also welcome to bring their own supplies.
* The Triratna Buddhist movement has a long, rich history of offering women-only practice spaces. At the same time, we welcome participation from a diversity of gender identities, including trans women and those who identify as non-binary. We ask all participants to be open to this broader definition of a women-centered space. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
How are we coming together safely?
- Please take a Covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event (Aryaloka does not provide this test). A negative rapid test is required for entry; please take a photo of your test results and present at the door.
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver of liability in relation to Covid-19.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
A Culture of Generosity and Support
In the tradition of passing on the Dharma freely, our Dharma retreat and workshop facilitators offer their work without charge and are not paid. We recognize the value in what they do and want to thank them for their time, energy and wisdom. A financial gift can help support our facilitators to afford them the opportunity to lead. Please consider making a donation towards their support.
There is often a cash collection and a thank you card that is passed on the retreat, though one can also make a donation directly to facilitators with a check, and some use money transfer services such as PayPal or Venmo.
Thank you for considering this.
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857
|Sliding Scale 1||$320.00|
|Sliding Scale 2||$260.00|
|Sliding Scale 3||$200.00|