This retreat offers an experiential approach to meditation, with an emphasis on the relationship between our bodies and our imagination.
We will draw on images and ideas within both the Buddhist tradition and those of the western alchemical tradition. In particular we will investigate how an imaginative engagement with our hearts can support a rich and sustaining practice of meditation that draws us into intimacy both with ourselves and with the world. A chance to look on our own experience as the true gold within reach at any moment.
Paramananda has been teaching meditation for over 35 years and is well known for his body-based, poetic approach. He has published a number of books on meditation including ‘Change Your Mind’ and, most recently, ‘The Myth of Meditation’.
Please note: You can choose to come to the weekend, Sept 8-10, or for the whole week, Sept 8-15. Some teaching sessions will also be available on Zoom.
This will be a larger retreat and most retreatants can expect to share a room. Shared rooms will have an air purifier. Locals can also choose to commute; please let us know if that is your intention.
*Participants should be familiar withe mindfulness of breathing and metta bhavana (loving-kindness) meditation practices, and should have at least six months experience of regular practice.
A Culture of Generosity and Support
In the tradition of passing on the Dharma freely, our Dharma retreat and workshop facilitators offer their work without charge and are not paid. We recognize the value in what they do and want to thank them for their time, energy and wisdom. A financial gift can help support our facilitators to afford them the opportunity to lead. Please consider making a donation towards their support.
There is often a cash collection and a thank you card that is passed on the retreat, though one can also make a donation directly to facilitators with a check, and some use money transfer services such as PayPal or Venmo. Thank you for considering this.
How are we coming together safely?
- Please take a Covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event (Aryaloka does not provide this test). A negative rapid test is required for entry; please take a photo of your test results and present at the door.
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver of liability in relation to Covid-19.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
Image detail: Drawing, Two-headed bird and heart with alchemical symbols
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library) from the book: ‘Omnia secrettus & arttes de verra alhimie, cum lavorem de tinttura alba & rubra’ (All the secrets and arts of true alchemy, with the washing of white and red dyes)
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857
|Event Fee Week-long||$700.00|
|Reduced rate Week-long||$595.00|
|Event Fee Weekend Only||$320.00|
|Reduced rate Weekend Only||$260.00|