Get Started with Yoga and Meditation!
This workshop will introduce participants to the complementary practices of yoga and meditation. Yoga prepares the body for seated meditation, and seated meditation deepens our awareness in yoga. We will explore ancient Buddhist meditation techniques that lead to stillness and calm, as well as the mindful movement of vinyasa flow. Vinyasa emphasizes the importance of breath with movement, and develops a strong foundation for any yoga practice. No prior experience is necessary. Suitable for complete beginners, or those looking for a refresher.
*Please bring a yoga mat. We have plenty of bolsters and yoga-bricks but if you prefer your own props please feel free to bring. Meditation cushions and chairs provided. A vegan lunch is included in the cost.
How are we coming together safely?
- We are requiring that all in-person participants be fully vaccinated vs Covid-19, including a booster, and will ask for a photo or scan of vaccination cards.
- Please plan on taking a covid-19 rapid test when you arrive in your vehicle. A negative rapid test is required for entry.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- We will have the same few people working in the kitchen.
- We will practice social distancing in the shrine room.
- There will be some new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- There will be one-person per bedroom unless already sharing a household.
- The retreat population will be limited.
*Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we’re coming together.
Led by —
Lona Kovacs, certified yoga instructor, has been a yoga and meditation practitioner and teacher for over 30 years. Still in her forties, Lona has just recovered from a total hip replacement. She is passionate about teaching restorative yoga, therapeutic yoga, yoga for meditation, and the breath and movement practice that has guided her recovery.
Dh. Suddhayu has been teaching meditation and Buddhism and leading retreats since 1998. He has a deep love of the processes of meditation practice, as well as poetry, myth and creative ritual. He currently works full-time for Dharma initiatives as Chair at the Portsmouth Buddhist Center and Manager of Aryaloka.
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857