Listen to the sound of water
In the clefts and in the gullies:
The tiny streams gurgle loudly—
Mighty waters flow in silence.
From the Nalaka Sutta
Noble SIlence Meditation Intensive: Wednesday March 9th, 3pm to Sunday March 13, 3pm.
This retreat provides a safe and supportive space to practice meditation in an atmosphere of deep silence. Aryaloka’s spacious facility and forested grounds provide a contemplative landscape in which to go deeper in your practice. You’ll be supported by a community of fellow practitioners and facilitators, all invested in creating the conditions in which meditation practice can flourish.
This retreat is for experienced meditators only. There is no meditation instruction provided, and all practice sessions are unguided. After the first day of introductions and discussions to get participants settled, Noble Silence will be maintained until the morning of the final day. There will be optional opportunities for individual conversations with retreat leaders.
Participants will have private bedrooms. Work responsibilities are kept to a minimum so that participants can focus on their practice. There will be some light clean-up duties.
How are we coming together safely?
- We are requiring that all in-person participants be fully vaccinated vs Covid-19, including a booster, and will ask for a photo or scan of vaccination cards.
- We are currently wearing masks indoors in all common areas.
- Please schedule a covid-19 PCR test 3-4 days ahead of the event, and bring your negative results with you (digital is fine). *Please check with the test provider that you’ll be able to receive the results before the event starts. In addition, please plan on taking a covid-19 rapid test when you arrive in your vehicle. A negative rapid test is required for entry.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- We will have the same few people working in the kitchen.
- We will practice social distancing in the shrine room.
- There will be some new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- There will be one-person per bedroom unless already sharing a household.
- The retreat population will be limited.
*Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we’re coming together.
While meditation is considered safe for most people, there are some for whom caution is advised. If this is your first time on an intensive meditation retreat, and you are dealing with emotional issues such as depression, trauma, grief, or a psychological diagnosis, please contact the office to discuss whether this retreat is right for you.
Excerpt from the Nalaka Sutta trans. by Olendzki
Image detail of full moon and autumn flowers by the Stream, by Ogata Gekkō
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
Newmarket, NH 03857
|Event Fee||$ 500.00|
|Mid-level Reduced||$ 425.00|
|Base-level Reduced||$ 350.00|