Wisdom Before Words — Stories and Inspiration from the Udāna
A Retreat with Dh Dhammarati
Friday April 8, 6pm to Monday April 11, 2pm
Atha kho bhagavā etam-atthaṃ viditvā tāyaṃ velāyaṃ imaṃ udānaṃ udānesi —
Then, on realizing its significance, the Lord uttered on that occasion this inspired utterance
Dhammarati, who serves as a mentor to Aryaloka’s Board and Sangha, will be leading a long weekend retreat exploring stories and inspirations from a collection of pali suttas called the Udāna. The Udāna is one of the oldest known collections of the Buddha’s teaching, and includes some of the best known and influential tales and teachings.
Join us for a weekend of meditation, illuminating discussion and friendship. Spaces are limited for in-person participation.
*This retreat will be hybrid (in-person and on Zoom) —please email email@example.com to ask about attending on Zoom.
Safety: (*Please note that our covid related safety policies change with the times. This retreat was listed in January 2022 and we may amend these policies if the covid situation improves)
How are we coming together safely?
- We are requiring that all in-person participants be fully vaccinated vs Covid-19, including a booster, and will ask for a photo or scan of vaccination cards.
- Please plan on taking a covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event. A negative rapid test is required for entry.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- We will have the same few people working in the kitchen.
- We will practice social distancing in the shrine room.
- There will be some new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- There will be one-person per bedroom unless already sharing a household.
- The retreat population will be limited.
*Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we’re coming together.
A Culture of Generosity and Support —
In the tradition of passing on the Dharma freely, our Dharma retreat and workshop facilitators offer their work without charge and are not paid. We recognize the value in what they do and want to thank them for their time, energy and wisdom. A financial gift can help support our facilitators to afford them the opportunity to lead. Please consider making a donation towards their support.
There is often a cash collection and a thank you card that is passed on the retreat, though one can also make a donation directly to facilitators with a check, and some use money transfer services such as PayPal or Venmo.
Thank you for considering this.
Image detail: Hasegawa Tōhaku, Pine Trees (left hand screen)
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857
|Sliding Scale 1||$360.00|
|Sliding Scale 2||$290.00|
|Sliding Scale 3||$230.00|