Meditation practice helps us to develop contentment, clarity, integration, concentration, and a sense of peace. Whether you're just looking to find some stillness in your life, or to directly explore the nature of consciousness, this class is a great way to begin!
On this introductory meditation workshop we will explore the Buddha's teaching of mindfulness, generally as a living principle, and more specifically as a meditation practice. Participants will learn the mindfulness of breathing, a meditation that has been practiced for thousands of years.
Participants will learn everything they need to begin a regular and effective meditation practice. Suitable for complete beginners, or those looking for a refresher.
Led By — Dh Suddhayu has been a practicing Buddhist since 1992. He is an ordained member of the Triratna Buddhist Order, and has been teaching workshops and leading retreats since 1998. He currently works full time for Dharma initiatives as manager of Aryaloka Buddhist Retreat Center and Chair of Portsmouth Buddhist Center.
Safety: *Please note, this event was posted in Jan '22 and our policies may change before May; we'll keep you updated.
How are we coming together safely?
- We are requiring that all in-person participants be fully vaccinated vs Covid-19, including a booster, and will ask for a photo or scan of vaccination cards.
- Please plan on taking a covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event. A negative rapid test is required for entry.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- We will have the same few people working in the kitchen.
- We will practice social distancing in the shrine room.
- There will be some new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- There will be one-person per bedroom unless already sharing a household.
- The retreat population will be limited.
*Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we’re coming together.
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857