Meditation Practice Day Retreat — relax into your vitality
Saturday February 5, 10am-4pm | on-site at Aryaloka or on Zoom
A day retreat is a great way to explore a longer period of practice if you’re new to meditation and an excellent opportunity for more experienced practitioners to touch some depth in the midst of life’s activity.
This day will combine periods of meditation, teaching and discussion with the intent of coming into connection with our depths and replenishing ourselves in the natural vitality that arises in quiet stillness.
A vegan lunch and refreshments are included. We have plenty of meditation cushions and chairs, but feel free to bring your own gear if desirable. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing, including warm socks or indoor shoes/slippers. Feel free to bring a notebook and pen if you benefit from taking notes.
This retreat is suitable for anyone who has taken at least one of our introductory courses, and for more experienced meditators. Although we will not be teaching meditation, there will be a few sessions with some helpful prompts.
Led by Dh Amala and Dh Suddhayu. Read their bios here.
How are we coming together safely?
- We are requiring that all in-person participants be fully vaccinated vs Covid-19, including a booster, and will ask for a photo or scan of vaccination cards.
- Please plan on taking a covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event. A negative rapid test is required for entry.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- We will have the same few people working in the kitchen.
- We will practice social distancing in the shrine room.
- There will be some new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- There will be one-person per bedroom unless already sharing a household.
- The retreat population will be limited.
*Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we’re coming together.
photo of aryaloka shrine room by Rayaonassignment
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857