Yoga and Meditation Weekend | Friday February 10 at 6pm to Sunday February 12 at 2:30pm
In yoga we seek to find suitable grounding and remain aware of the transitions we make through shifting poses, all the while keeping the breath alive and vital in our practice. So too in meditation we must stay grounded while being open to our changing experience, perhaps anchored by the sensations of the breath. For this weekend retreat we will blend the approaches of yoga and meditation to reach a deeper expression of each. All the while cultivating both inner and outer awareness.
The retreat leaders, Molly (Schlangen) Thomas and Dharmachari Satyada, appreciate the chance to work together to bring these opportunities for the integration of mind and body to the community. Please join us for this rejuvenating weekend of yoga, meditation, vegan/vegetarian food and community!
Molly (Schlangen) Thomas is the owner/director of Inspired Yoga (formerly Awakening Grace Yoga) and a 500-hour Certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor. She has been teaching yoga since 2006 and finds this to be her true dharma. She has found the practice of yoga to be a journey for healing and personal growth; “We start where we are, and allow yoga to transform”. She has worked as a Registered Nurse in the areas of community & mental health, sports rehabilitation, school health and is currently on the nursing faculty at NHTI. She holds a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology. Molly brings her love of people and the practice to her classes and workshops where she invites the class to discover and live the balance of stillness, movement, breath and meditation … connecting body, mind & spirit.
Satyada’s name was given to him at the time of his ordination into the Triratna Buddhist Order and translates in English as “a giver of truth” or “one who gives the true Dharma”. He lives the teachings of the historical Buddha with sincerity and conviction. He teaches from his heart. As Chair of the Aryaloka Board of Directors he leads the Aryaloka community not only as a talented administrator but also as a mindful and compassionate Buddhist, familiar with facing all the spiritual challenges of life. Through his outreach work in prisons, his teaching at Aryaloka, and his many friendships, he exemplifies his name to all those touched by the Aryaloka community.
How are we coming together safely?
- Please take a Covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event (Aryaloka does not provide this test). A negative rapid test is required for entry; please take a photo of your test results and present at the door.
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver of liability in relation to Covid-19.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857
|Sliding Scale 1||$320.00|
|Sliding Scale 2||$260.00|
|Sliding Scale 3||$200.00|