Gather together at Aryaloka on New Year's Day to meditate and reflect on peace! Spend an hour or the day in community to set the tone for the year ahead. You don't have to be a Buddhist to participate — all are welcome! Meditation sessions begin every hour on the hour. There will be a short break between every sit allowing for snacks, rehydration, stretching etc. Participants may attend all or some of the day as they see fit. A vegetarian lunch is provided. If you'd like to volunteer for part of the day, please contact Suddhayu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please arrive shortly before 9am if you plan on attending the first sit of the day.
Please RSVP below. Donations are appreciated.
Click Here to attend on Zoom.
9am Dedication and Guided Meditation
10am Silent Meditation
11am Guided Meditation
12pm Silent Meditation
1pm Lunch Break
2pm Guided Meditation
3pm Silent Meditation
4pm Silent Meditation and Transference of Merits (done by 4:45)
*ON NEW YEAR'S EVE we gather at 11:15 PM for light refreshments then shortly before midnight we move to the shrine room where everyone has the opportunity to ring our ancient gong to welcome in the New Year. All are welcome to join us for this casual annual celebration.*
How are we coming together safely?
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857