Men’s* Dharma Gathering — Peace is a Fire: Non-Violence and Liberation | March 17, 10-4
Gather together at the turning of winter to spring for a day of invigorating Dharma practice!
Join us on this very special men’s practice day when we will be exploring the paradoxical meaning of Sangharakshita’ s famous aphorism, and the implications for effective practice in 2024.
We will be exploring the vital concept of non-violence and how this relates to self, other, and liberation.
The day will be a mystical mix of talks, sitting, and fellowship to help deepen your practice, and connection with the jewels.
A vegetarian lunch is included. Participants may consider bringing a notebook with a pen, a water bottle, and warm socks or slippers, as well as suitable outdoor clothing for the season. We provide meditation cushions and blankets, as well as meditation chairs and benches. Our onsite book and gift shop has many great titles on meditation and Buddhism. Click here for more useful info about attending events at Aryaloka.
* The Triratna Buddhist movement has a long, rich history of offering men-only practice spaces. At the same time, we welcome participation from a diversity of gender identities, including trans men and those who identify as non-binary. We ask all participants to be open to this broader definition of a men-centered space. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
How are we coming together safely?
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857