Soft Eyes, Kind Eyes
A Day Retreat with Bodhipaksa | November 11, 10-4
In the 35 years that he has been teaching, Bodhipaksa has developed a number of unique and highly effective approaches to meditation. He’ll be introducing two of these on this day-long retreat:
- He’ll show how having “soft eyes” can radically calm the mind and give us access to the body’s sensations, including those of the breathing, in a much more open, receptive, and holistic way than normal.
- And he’ll explore how the practice of kind eyes can give us effortless access to feelings of warmth, appreciation, and caring. This creates a natural sense of kindness, or lovingkindness, both for others and for ourselves.
Even after a just brief experience of these two approaches to meditation, your practice of mindfulness and metta, both on and off the cushion, will be richer and more fruitful than ever before.
This retreat includes a vegetarian lunch. Access helpful information about attending events at Aryaloka here.
Check out Bodhipaksa’s courses, articles and resources at Wildmind.org
Image detail is of Jizo Bodhisattva, artist unknown
A Culture of Generosity and Support
In the tradition of passing on the Dharma freely, our Dharma retreat and workshop facilitators offer their work without charge and are not paid. We recognize the value in what they do and want to thank them for their time, energy and wisdom. A financial gift can help support our facilitators to afford them the opportunity to lead. Please consider making a donation towards their support.
There is often a cash collection and a thank you card that is passed on the retreat, though one can also make a donation directly to facilitators with a check, and some use money transfer services such as PayPal or Venmo. Thank you for your generosity.
How are we coming together safely?
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver of liability in relation to Covid-19.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857