Deep Rest and Renewal with Restorative Yoga and Meditation
Weekend Retreat August 25-27
With yoga and meditation we can cultivate a beautiful tranquility in the body and heart. We will explore how each practice enriches the other, contributing to a sustained calm that can change the way we live, and our perception of the world around us.
Restorative yoga allows space to relax in supportive postures for longer periods of time with the aid of props. In this way we receive the full benefit of rest and renewal, deep stretching, and release of tension, stress and fatigue. We will also practice deeply relaxing Yoga Nidra to allow participants to integrate the postures and embrace healing within the body.
Our meditation teaching will focus on ways of creatively working with body/energy awareness in the mindfulness of breathing and the metta or loving-kindness practices. We will explore the metaphors of spaciousness, light and warmth as they are embodied in our felt experience and as they relate to a lived experience of kind awareness.
This retreat is suitable for all levels of practitioner, including beginners. Please bring your own yoga mat and any favorite props. We do have props and meditation cushions/chairs on site.
Lona Kovacs, certified yoga instructor, has been a yoga and meditation practitioner and teacher for over 30 years. Still in her forties, Lona has recently recovered from a total hip replacement. She is passionate about teaching restorative yoga, therapeutic yoga, yoga for meditation, and the breath and movement practice that has guided her recovery.
Dh. Suddhayu has been teaching meditation and Buddhism and leading retreats since 1998. He has a deep love of the processes of meditation practice, as well as poetry, myth and creative ritual. He currently works full-time for Dharma initiatives as Chair at the Portsmouth Buddhist Center and Manager of Aryaloka.
How are we coming together safely?
- Please take a Covid-19 rapid test on the day of the event (Aryaloka does not provide this test). A negative rapid test is required for entry; please take a photo of your test results and present at the door.
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19 within a five day period of the event’s start-time, we ask that you not attend in-person.* Stay up-to-date with exposure guidelines here.
- Masks are optional unless otherwise stated. Masks are required indoors for anyone testing negative of Covid-19 within days 6-10 of post-covid exposure without infection.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid-19, stay up-to-date with CDC guidance here as to when you’re clear to be back in public.*
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you do not attend in-person.*
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver of liability in relation to Covid-19.
- We have installed new air purifiers with virus-destroying technology!
- There are new cleaning and sanitation protocols.
*Zoom options are available for many events. Transfer of fees or refunds are also available for illness or illness-preventative related absence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety protocols. Aryaloka may adjust these policies in relation to current, local infection rates, and will keep retreatants posted on such changes.
At Aryaloka, we strive to make our programs available to everyone regardless of their financial circumstances. Our fee structure allows you to pay according to your means.
The Event Rate is our actual fee for the event. It is for people paying their rent or mortgage, and who can afford occasional or regular leisure expenses such as dining out. Any payment above the advertised fee is a tax-deductible donation.
The Mid-Level Reduced Rate is for those who are paying their mortgage or rent, though experience a consistent tightness in budget that makes extras like leisure activities or unexpected expenses difficult or impossible.
The Base-Level Reduced Rate is for those without an income or with an income low enough that making ends meet is a challenge.
Those whose circumstances are not included above can email the office to make other arrangements. email@example.com
14 Heartwood Circle
Newmarket, NH 03857
|Sliding Scale 1||$320.00|
|Sliding Scale 2||$260.00|
|Sliding Scale 3||$200.00|